[Farmall] Polarity Change Directions for Dummies

hrb48 at comcast.net hrb48 at comcast.net
Thu May 25 09:37:46 PDT 2006

Hi all yiu old iron folks out there. I bought an "H" (1950) about 5 or 6 years ago and I have been puttsying with it for that long in my garage. Time makes changes and so does life.
I've done considerable work on it but not as much as I would have liked. The generator and the starter have been cleaned and tested, the radiator the same. I cleaned the oil sump and the oil pan and replaced all gaskets.  I rebuilt the carburetor and replaced the sediment bulb. I've replaced the oil filter and the oil pressure guage as well as the temp indicator. There is still much work to be done but I'm forced to move it outside. Now, we have come to , for me, a major stumbling block. I need some direction for dummies on how to change the polarity of the system. It is still 6 volt and system calls for change polarity before using  it.

HELP                                               Harry Bryant, Downingtown,PA
--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_14393_1148575066_0

<DIV>Hi all yiu old iron folks out there. I bought an "H" (1950) about 5 or 6 years ago and I have been puttsying with it for that long in my garage. Time makes changes and so does life. </DIV>
<DIV>I've done considerable work on it but not as much as I would have liked. The generator and the starter have been cleaned and tested, the radiator the same. I cleaned the oil sump and the oil pan and replaced all gaskets.  I rebuilt the carburetor and replaced the sediment bulb. I've replaced the oil filter and the oil pressure guage as well as the temp indicator. There is still much work to be done but I'm forced to move it outside. Now, we have come to , for me, a major stumbling block. I need some direction for dummies on how to change the polarity of the system. It is still 6 volt and system calls for change polarity before using  it.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>HELP                                               Harry Bryant, Downingtown,PA</DIV></body></html>