[Farmall] Polarity Change Directions for Dummies

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu May 25 10:47:11 PDT 2006

But you do have to "polarize" the generator. See:
<http://web.utk.edu/~tprather/FoothillsTractorClub/TechTips/PolarizeGenerator.html>
or <http://www.starautoelectric.com/Technical.htm>

Mike

Gary Duff wrote:
> Why do your want to change the polarity,it is supposed to
> be positive ground and unless yourv'e changed something
> else you don't have to change polarity.
>
> --- hrb48 at comcast.net wrote:
>

>>Hi all yiu old iron folks out there. I bought an "H"
>>(1950) about 5 or 6 years ago and I have been puttsying
>>with it for that long in my garage. Time makes changes
>>and so does life.
>>I've done considerable work on it but not as much as I
>>would have liked. The generator and the starter have been
>>cleaned and tested, the radiator the same. I cleaned the
>>oil sump and the oil pan and replaced all gaskets.  I
>>rebuilt the carburetor and replaced the sediment bulb.
>>I've replaced the oil filter and the oil pressure guage
>>as well as the temp indicator. There is still much work
>>to be done but I'm forced to move it outside. Now, we
>>have come to , for me, a major stumbling block. I need
>>some direction for dummies on how to change the polarity
>>of the system. It is still 6 volt and system calls for
>>change polarity before using  it.
>>
>>HELP                                               Harry
>>Bryant, Downingtown,PA
>>--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_14393_1148575066_0

>><DIV>Hi all yiu old iron folks out there. I bought an "H"
>>(1950) about 5 or 6 years ago and I have been puttsying
>>with it for that long in my garage. Time makes changes
>>and so does life. </DIV>
>><DIV>I've done considerable work on it but not as much as
>>I would have liked. The generator and the starter have
>>been cleaned and tested, the radiator the same. I cleaned
>>the oil sump and the oil pan and replaced all
>>gaskets.  I rebuilt the carburetor and replaced the
>>sediment bulb. I've replaced the oil filter and the oil
>>pressure guage as well as the temp indicator. There is
>>still much work to be done but I'm forced to move it
>>outside. Now, we have come to , for me, a major stumbling
>>block. I need some direction for dummies on how to change
>>the polarity of the system. It is still 6 volt and system
>>calls for change polarity before using  it.</DIV>
>><DIV> </DIV>
>>
> <DIV>HELP
>
>>Harry Bryant, Downingtown,PA</DIV></body></html>

> Take Care,God Bless
>  Gary
>  Redtractorman at yahoo.com

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
<mikesloane at verizon.net>
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

There is only one way to achieve happiness on this terrestrial ball, and
that is to have either a clear conscience or none at all. -Ogden Nash,
author (1902-1971)