[AT] Yanmar

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Wed May 24 14:11:01 PDT 2006

On 24 May 2006 at 16:06, Gerald Johnson wrote:

> When we owned a power equipment company, we frequently ran into bad bearings
> on equipment that had been out of production for many many years.  We did as
> Charlie said, got the ID of the housing and the OD of the shaft and then we
> went looking.  Actually, NAPA was our first stop as they carry (or at least
> they did at that time) a large selection of bearings that we could match by
> diameter from their books!   We once matched up a complete set of tapered
> roller bearings for a Wisconsin AC4 power unit I was restoring and it was
> made in 1942.  NAPA had them for us the next day!  It's certainly worth a
> try.
>
> Gerald
> Western, NC

	Charlie &Gerald:

	These are not "regular" ball bearing assemblies like would be used on most
shaft applications but are made to serve much more like a thrust bearing with
 the load being supported more like at a 45 degree angle. Maybe like miniature
 ball bearing front wheel bearings... Is that making sense??? I'll try to get those
cup races out and who knows... Maybe I'll get lucky and a race will have a
number in it. I have several major bearing vendors available in Indianapolis. The
 concave round part of the shoulder on the shaft serves as the inner race.

WOW!!! I just did a quick Google search on another computer and hit a place
 in Texas that has the bearings (and a lot of other parts) well listed.
Here is their page to those bearings...
http://www.hoyetractor.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=194750-15520
I might even be able to give those numbers to my regular vendor and part of it may
 match a stock item.

--
"farmer"

I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack
me at once.   :-)

Refurbished Shopsmith's
Good used SPT's
http://www.indiana-robinson.0catch.com/