[AT] Cockshutt 560

jahaze at aol.com jahaze at aol.com
Mon May 22 12:49:57 PDT 2006

 I have been given the arduous task of selecting one tractor out of my father-in-laws collection as sort of a thank you gift for marrying his daughter (not really, but it made me laugh).  He is actually trying to disperse his collection and asked me to come and take any one that I want (the rest will be sold at auction next spring).  His stable is full of JD's and IH's but I have my eye of a Cockshutt 560 diesel that he picked up about five years ago and used it to pull out a few trees just for fun, this things a powerful beast.  My wife would like me to take the IH 686 with the loader on it, but for some reason I keep leaning towards the Cockshutt.

To help me justify things, I think a loader on the Cockshutt would give me one powerfull work horse to play with around the yard and I could also pick heavy things up and move them around.  Does anyone know what loader would fit a 560?  or should I just go for the 686 and save myself any potential grief?

Enjoy, Joe

----------MailBlocks_8C84BF009E88481_BE4_9FE_FWM-D42.sysops.aol.com

<HTML><BODY><DIV style='font-family: "Verdana"; font-size: 10pt;'><DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> I have been given the arduous task of selecting one tractor out of my father-in-laws collection as sort of a thank you gift for marrying his daughter (not really, but it made me laugh).  He is actually trying to disperse his collection and asked me to come and take any one that I want (the rest will be sold at auction next spring).  His stable is full of JD's and IH's but I have my eye of a Cockshutt 560 diesel that he picked up about five years ago and used it to pull out a few trees just for fun, this things a powerful beast.  My wife would like me to take the IH 686 with the loader on it, but for some reason I keep leaning towards the Cockshutt.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>To help me justify things, I think a loader on the Cockshutt would give me one powerfull work horse to play with around the yard and I could also pick heavy things up and move them around.  Does anyone know what loader would fit a 560?  or should I just go for the 686 and save myself any potential grief?</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Enjoy, Joe  </DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>