[AT] Portland Mudbath

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Thu May 18 19:26:47 PDT 2006

    I Visited Portland, Indiana for the annual swap meet. As typical,
the rains beat us there with about 3 inches from Thursday to Sunday.
The grounds were muddy and soft everywhere. Trucks and campers were
getting mired in the mud before the meet had even started. Rains
continued daily and by Thursday afternoon, I had as much as I could
take and came home.
    Took my dog, Bandy for his first big outing. He was very excited
and had to see everyone and every dog there. He is such a strong dog
and was constantly pulling at the leash trying to see everything
there. He was constantly in the mud and even frequent visits to the
creek didn't keep him clean. He is a very tired puppy tonight and has
done nothing but lay on the floor since we got home.
    I did manage to sell the lawnmower I took and found a few parts
for the Case VC I am restoring. Gary and Dewey sold a few things and
bought a few more. Larry found some parts to finish Herb's Allis G, so
it was a successful trip for all of us.
    The vendors and the buyers were both down because of the weather.
Weather is supposed to improve for the next 3 days, so maybe things
will improve for the next couple of days.
    Wallering in the mud just ain't much fun.

                    Gene