[Farmall] F20 Oil Trough Felts

Tony Pitts mgomaize at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 14:35:47 PDT 2006

Hello,

I am replacing the oil trough felts on my F-20 and I am a bit stumped, as I ordered replacement felts from two different sources and did not get felts that really match what was in place. I am wondering if a previous owner had made a modification to the felts.
The felts that came off were twisted around each other, had a small amount sticking through the holes on the bottom of the trough and a considerable amount fed through the holes on the sides. The portions of the felts that were fed through the sides went down to and were tied with wire onto the rocker arms.

Is this how it should be? It seems as though the felt kits only give enough to fill the oil troughs, and those felts seem to thick to make it through those holes even if there was enough to do so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I hope to have it running this weekend.

Thanks,

Tony

Tony Pitts
Ann Arbor, MI
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pitts/mbf
Hudson Mills Old Power Club
14th Annual Show June 3-5, 2005
Dexter, MI
http://www.hudsonmills.org
--0-762505587-1147901747=:21522

<DIV>
<P>Hello,
<P>
<P>I am replacing the oil trough felts on my F-20 and I am a bit stumped, as I ordered replacement felts from two different sources and did not get felts that really match what was in place. I am wondering if a previous owner had made a modification to the felts.
<P>The felts that came off were twisted around each other, had a small amount sticking through the holes on the bottom of the trough and a considerable amount fed through the holes on the sides. The portions of the felts that were fed through the sides went down to and were tied with wire onto the rocker arms.
<P>
<P>Is this how it should be? It seems as though the felt kits only give enough to fill the oil troughs, and those felts seem to thick to make it through those holes even if there was enough to do so.
<P>
<P>Any help would be greatly appreciated as I hope to have it running this weekend.
<P>
<P>Thanks,
<P> </P>
<P>Tony<BR> </P></DIV>------------------------------------------<BR>Tony Pitts<BR>Ann Arbor, MI<BR>http://www.oldengine.org/members/pitts/mbf<BR>------------------------------------------<BR>Hudson Mills Old Power Club<BR>14th Annual Show June 3-5, 2005<BR>Dexter, MI<BR>http://www.hudsonmills.org