[AJD] a 110

Mitchell Daly md31043 at msn.com
Tue May 16 19:26:45 PDT 2006

I was working on one of my smaller John Deeres on Sunday, a 1967 110 that a dear friend gave to me, along with mower, snow blade, wheel weights and chains, and I was unhappy with the starter/generator belt tension.  Grabbed my wrenches and started working on it.  What I discovered is that the bolts that hold each end of the generator to the mounting bracket are sheared off.  Got to drill them out and the easiest method appears to be to remove the mounting bracket from the block.  This is a Kohler 8 hp and the parts book shows the 2 bolts that hold the bracket to the block.

Before attacking these 2 bolts, has anyone had to remove this bracket and do you think that these bolts will back out without much trouble.  The last thing I want to do is shear these off.

Mitch Daly
md31043 at msn.com<mailto:md31043 at msn.com>
------=_NextPart_000_00FB_01C67937.D0809E10

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1528" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=MailContainerBody
style="PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 15px; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Bookman Old Style; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; TEXT-DECORATION: none; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none"
leftMargin=0 topMargin=0 acc_role="text" CanvasTabStop="true"
name="Compose message area"><!--[gte IE 5]><?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" /><![endif]-->
<DIV>I was working on one of my smaller John Deeres on Sunday, a 1967 110 that a
dear friend gave to me, along with mower, snow blade, wheel weights and chains,
and I was unhappy with the starter/generator belt tension.  Grabbed my
wrenches and started working on it.  What I discovered is that
the bolts that hold each end of the generator to the mounting bracket are
sheared off.  Got to drill them out and the easiest method appears to be to
remove the mounting bracket from the block.  This is a Kohler 8 hp and the
parts book shows the 2 bolts that hold the bracket to the block.  </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Before attacking these 2 bolts, has anyone had to remove this bracket and
do you think that these bolts will back out without much trouble.  The last
thing I want to do is shear these off.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Mitch Daly</DIV>
<DIV><A title=mailto:md31043 at msn.com
href="mailto:md31043 at msn.com">md31043 at msn.com</A></DIV></BODY></HTML>