[Ford-ferguson] T0-35 Clutch woes...

Bonnie/Bill Howard bbhoward at frontiernet.net
Sat May 13 16:53:41 PDT 2006

I have a 1956 Ferguson T0-35 with a two-stage clutch.

It's had problems with the clutch since I got it about a year ago. When I would push the clutch pedal down part way, I could shift the gears. But when I pushed it further to disengage the pto, it wouldn't disengage - it seemed like I couldn't get the pedal all the way down - like it was hitting something hard.

So a friend and I took the clutch apart, put two new clutch plates in, put it back together and the clutch still wouldn't disengage when I pushed the pedal all the way down. I have a service manual for the tractor and it tells how to adjust the clutch. I don't have it handy, but it talks about some bolts you have to adjust - I did that, but it still doesn't disengage.

Anyone have any other ideas? Any other parts in the pressure plate that could be the cause?

Thanks!

Bill Howard