[AT] Portland Forecast

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Fri May 12 05:23:39 PDT 2006

    The ten day forecast for Portland is calling for rain almost every
day. I am like Farmer and George about the mud at Portland. I have
brought home enough to raise my farm a couple if inches over the
years. It is one thing to go when it is dry and then get the rain and
mud while there and another to go when you know the mud is already
there. I may just go for a couple of 1 day visits and leave the camper
home.
    We have had rain here for the last 2 days and a total of about 1
inch. Has been a light, showery rain that has all soaked in for the
good of the planted crops. I don't think a single drop has run off.
Temperatures have been cool and forecast to warm up by the middle of
next week. My soybeans are just waiting for the warm weather and then
will shoot for the sky. Looks like the grass will keep growing and
likely get ahead of me again.
    Been working on restoring a 1942 Case VC, so the wet weather will
give plenty time for working on that. Got the chassis part of it
painted last Sunday and am stripping paint from the sheet metal so I
can get it to Brother, Larry's to detail it. Will be replacing the
engine with one I have, so need to get working on it and replace all
the gaskets and check the condition of the rings and bearings.

                Gene