[AT] Farmall M

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue May 9 04:37:47 PDT 2006

One of the reasons that the 460/560 got a bad reputation when it was
first introduced was that IH used the older H/M transmission and final
drive. Apparently, as tough as the old H/M machinery was, the added
power from the larger engines took a toll on the axle bearings, causing
rear end failures when using the tractors hard. IH came out with a field
retrofit kit to upgrade the bearings, and you might want to see if you
can replicate that and possibly avoid similar problems.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
- Edward R. Murrow, journalist (1908-1965)