[AJD] Can I use late a connecting rods in my 36 AR??

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Sun May 7 10:40:37 PDT 2006

Michael,

    I considered that,  but when I worked it out on
paper first it was cheaper to bore oversized and
replce the pistons.  So,  I ordered pistons and off I
went..  The pistons that arrived have a larger pin
size and are larger overall,  just like A late A would
want (I have a set of .090 over pistons for my late A
all ready and the are identical to them)    So I am
sort of pot committed to the oversized piston route.
I am waiting for the piston supplier to get back and
see if the right pistons were shipped,  but I am
looking for options when the word comes back that what
I have is all that is avaliable.

     I have heard of people taking a late A piston and
cutting it down for the Unstyled appication.  I was
just hoping someone out there had already been down
this road before and could say that it works....

             Chris

Chris Carl
Camano Island, Washington

Collector of: