[AT] Blind Squirrel

JAHaze at aol.com JAHaze at aol.com
Sat May 6 16:31:48 PDT 2006

I believe the saying goes something like "even a blind squirrel finds a nut
every now and then"

I was the somewhat reluctant high bidder on a Case DO on e-bay this week.  I
made a low ball bid and ended up meeting the reserve and winning the thing
($500).  No one bid against me and I was hoping someone would.  Anyway. I went
pick up the tractor this morning and was pleasantly suprised that overall it
appeared to be in pretty good shape.  After bringing it home I spent about two
hours cleaning the carb and tracking down an electrical problem, and much to my
suprise it fired right up, runs nice, no smoke, no water in the oil, and no
bubbles in the antifreeze.  I even got to drive it around the field a few times
with a big smile on my face before I decided it was time to work on something
else.

The sheet metal is in great shape, you can tell that at one time it had the
fender skirts and the cowl over the steering wheel, so maybe I can try and
track them down in the future.  I can see why they were taken off, at times I was
going to take the fenders off just to get at some of the wires, theres almost
no room to work on the thing within the opperators platform, if I really
needed to use it, those fancy sheet metal parts would be the first to go.

Over all it was a great day for tractor stuff.  I've always wanted one of
those, so now I can cross it off my list.

Enjoy, Joe

-------------------------------1146958308

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2873" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>I believe the saying goes something like "even a blind squirrel finds a=
 nut every now and then"</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I was the somewhat reluctant high bidder on a Case DO on e-bay this wee=
k.  I made a low ball bid and ended up meeting the reserve and winning=20=
the thing ($500).  No one bid against me and I was hoping someone would=
.  Anyway. I went pick up the tractor this morning and was pleasantly s=
uprised that overall it appeared to be in pretty good shape.  After bri=
nging it home I spent about two hours cleaning the carb and tracking down an=
 electrical problem, and much to my suprise it fired right up, runs nice, no=
 smoke, no water in the oil, and no bubbles in the antifreeze.  I even=20=
got to drive it around the field a few times with a big smile on my face bef=
ore I decided it was time to work on something else.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>The sheet metal is in great shape, you can tell that at one time it had=
 the fender skirts and the cowl over the steering wheel, so maybe I can try=20=
and track them down in the future.  I can see why they were taken off,=20=
at times I was going to take the fenders off just to get at some of the wire=
s, theres almost no room to work on the thing within the opperators platform=
, if I really needed to use it, those fancy sheet metal parts would be the f=
irst to go.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Over all it was a great day for tractor stuff.  I've always wanted=
 one of those, so now I can cross it off my list.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Enjoy, Joe </DIV></BODY></HTML>