[AT] Deere plant visit

Louis louis at kellnet.com
Fri May 5 11:49:51 PDT 2006

This is what I have gathered about Deere colors.  Classic green was actually
used on New Generation equipment.  Deere marketed it with a two cylinder
tractor on the label.  The paint was intended for touch up and repaint of
10,20,30, and early 40 series tractors and equipment.  I have heard rumor
that Deere was going to discontinue Classic Green.  I am wondering if that
is why the collector center uses new ag green?

I have used Dupont Centari paint.  They have three alternates.  Alt #1 is
for real early Deere equipment up to early - mid 30's.  This is a real dark
green.  Alt #2 is for mid 30's to 1960.  This is the correct color for most
two cylinder tractors.  I have gotten samples of all three alternates and
compared the shades to paint, on tractors, that was protected from the
elements and sun.  Alt #3 is an exact match to "Classic Green".  If you get
Imron from Dupont it also matches "Classic Green"

Lou