[AT] Confessing a complete lack of knowledge here

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Fri May 5 04:43:29 PDT 2006

Charlie,
That is probably true but when I was involved with changing the wheel
spacing (years ago as part of the muscle team) we always moved the tires
from side-to-side to keep the tread turned the right way (and this also
kept the valve stems on the outside).  Interesting, for sure.  I don't
remember changing the attachment of the rim to the wheel center but I'm
sure that would give you more spacing options.  Most of the time we just
used the spin out adjustment on the Allis D-14 - maybe twice a year or
so we changed the spacing of the wheels on the Ferguson TO-30.

David