[Farmall] Take me off this list!

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Thu May 4 14:18:23 PDT 2006

JM,
I think there is just 1 person asking to get off the list.  The others were
trying to tell them how but their replies were getting lost in all the HTML
jumble of the original post.  (I also think it is rude to send HTML to a
text based email list, but I seem to have lost that battle.)

Everyone gets a new subscriber message when they join the list that tells
them how to get off.  Once a month everyone gets another email telling them
how to get off.  EACH MESSAGE has a link at the bottom directly to the page
that makes it abundantly clear how to get off.  Given all that, I'm not sure
that replying to their message with another set of instructions on how to
get off will do any good.  Clues to tthe clueless rarely have any effect.

I rather like what was included in the welcome message of another list I
recently joined:
"PLEASE RETAIN THIS MESSAGE... it contains important information on how to
get off of the list.  DO NOT E-MAIL THE LIST WITH REQUEST TO BE
REMOVED!!!!!!!!!!   I repeat: DO NOT E-MAIL THE LIST WITH REQUEST TO BE
REMOVED!!!!!!!!!!  I'm a nice guy, but I won't help you out."

Jim Becker        jim.becker at verizon.net