[AT] Confessing a complete lack of knowledge here

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Thu May 4 12:39:53 PDT 2006

David,  most likely the valve stem on that tube is two piece.  There should
be a fitting similar to a female pipe nipple vulcanized into the tube.  Then
there is a stem that screws into that fitting that has the typical valve
core you are familiar with on ordinary inner tubes.  Of course without
looking at it I don't know for sure.  At any rate, you should be able to get
a new tube at most any good tire store (look for one that services big truck
and equipment tires).  The tire shouldn't have over about 15 psi in it.  It
would have to be in bad shape to need replacing.  A tube or a new core for
the old tube is probably all it needs.

Charlie