[AT] Auction

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Thu May 4 05:34:46 PDT 2006

The Sheldon exit sure brings back memories....

I was driving South on hwy 71 sometime around 1980 in a '63 Nova with a CB and 102" stainless antenna on the rear bumper. A thunderstorm was approaching.  I started hearing a periodic pop on the AM/FM Radio then noticed an arc between the CB and metal dash to match.  WOW... not a place to be, the Sheldon exit is a raised overpass, the tallest land around.

That night I heard that lightning had struck the road surface and opened a several yard long by 3' deep pot hole on that overpass.

Len Rugen
--0-1931047261-1146746086=:79245

<DIV>The Sheldon exit sure brings back memories....</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I was driving South on hwy 71 sometime around 1980 in a '63 Nova with a CB and 102" stainless antenna on the rear bumper. A thunderstorm was approaching.  I started hearing a periodic pop on the AM/FM Radio then noticed an arc between the CB and metal dash to match.  WOW... not a place to be, the Sheldon exit is a raised overpass, the tallest land around.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>That night I heard that lightning had struck the road surface and opened a several yard long by 3' deep pot hole on that overpass.  </DIV>