[AT] Deere plant visit

jfgrant jfgrant at triton.net
Wed May 3 07:54:37 PDT 2006

Hi John. Good Plan. Deere has many things to see. The first on your list
might be the Collectors Center. A store of Deere stuff and a display of a
old dealership as it might have been back in the 50's. Can take at least 1/2
day to get thru. Two blocks west is The John Deere museum which is a
changing exhibit all the time. Films and lots to see. Again at least 1/2
day. VERY good restraunts close by within walking distance. Deere homes
close by that are open for tours etc. As far as the factory tours, I'm not
sure they are available on an individual basis. Group tours sched in advance
are however. A note or call to the tourist bureau would be in order to find
out what all is available. Also another interesting tour is the  Rock Island
Arsenal out in the middle of the river. Lot's to do an see in the total
area. Good Luck,  John Grant