[AT] Deere plant visit

Ernie Thackeray cchopper at mchsi.com
Wed May 3 07:50:14 PDT 2006

I'm sure you will get all kinds of replies on your question.

I'll give you my input as a Deere employee.  I'll leave the Deere
"stuff" downtown to the collectors that I'm sure will reply.

As far as the Deere World Headquarters, I would recommend seeing it,
there is a display floor there that changes periodically of new and old
equipment.  There is also one wall of all kinds articles relating to
Deere's history and of yester-year,

Tours, We make combines and planters in the Moline area.  They are like
our other factories, sometimes they are open to tours and sometimes they
are not.  Call, write ahead to see if you can enjoy a tour.  I've been
going on factory tours for 30 years and each time I tour a facility I
see something new and different than the last time I toured.

Have fun,
Ernie