[Farmall] Difficult F14

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 05:25:11 PDT 2006

Does it have new spark plugs of the correct heat
range?  I learned on the F-20 not to trust old plugs
no matter how good the "look".  I'm not sure of the
proper plug for an F-14 but Gordon Rice at Rice
Equipment will tell you which ones to use.  If the
plugs are OK how are the valves?  Have you had the
vlave cover off and adjusted all of the valves?
Sometimes they get a little sticky and want to stick
open causing it to miss.

--- Ross Long <relong at dybb.com> wrote:

> I recently purchase a 38 F14.  It was overhauled
> shortly before it was put
> in a barn and left for many years.  I have been able
> to get it running by
> cleaning the gas tank and tuning it up.  The only
> problem I have is after it
> runs for approximately 5 minutes and starts to warm
> up, it starts to miss
> fire.  It loses the 4th cylinder and it only fires
> occasionally on 1 and 3.
> Cylinder two is the only one that fires
> consistently.  I've replaced the
> cap, points, condenser on the F4 mag with no
> difference.  Once it cools off,
> it will run fine until it warms up a little and then
> it starts again.  Has
> anyone seen a coil in a F4 may do something like
> this?
>

> Ross

Andy Glines
Evansville, IN