[AT] Having battery problems--so how to fix?

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Fri Mar 31 21:19:10 PST 2006

On Friday 31 March 2006 22:34, Larry D. Goss wrote:
> 20C = 68F.  That's been drilled into my head so much because of photo
> processing that I'll never forget it.  Plugging those known numbers into
> your "by guess and by gosh" equations gives:
>
> C/2 + 30 = F
> 20/2 + 30 = F
> 10 + 30 = F
> 40 = F or 20C = 40F
>
> and
>
> (F-30) * 2 = C
> (68-30) * 2 = C
> 38 * 2 = C
> 86 = C or 68F = 86C

Looks like I mixed the conversion up.  Try the following corrected version:
C*2+30 =f
20*2 + 30 = f
40 + 30 = f
20 C = 70 F.    Very close to 68.

(f-30)/2 = c
(68 - 30) / 2 = c
38 / 2 = c
C = 16.  Not too far from the correct 20.

I remember these by water freezes at 32 F, and 0C.   So you need to deal with
that 30 degrees to normalize the starting point, and then properly
divide/multiply by 2, remember that 2 degrees F is about 1 degree C.    I can
never remember the math formulas, but with the above knowledge I can figure
it out in my head.