[AT] Termites in your mulch?

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at pionet.net
Wed Mar 8 12:21:54 PST 2006

A local television station did a bit about this mulch problem.  There will
probably be some from infected areas alright.  Of course the local big box
stores made statements to the effect that they will not have any.  I
wouldn't put much stock in what they say.  However, the local extension
agent said just use cedar mulch, with a grin.  That is mostly what is sold
around here and is what my wife always uses.  It was brought up that the
formosan termite can't survive the winter.  I am not so sure about
that.  Our ground hasn't even frozen this year and I am looking to have an
excellent stand of all sorts of bugs to spray. <vbg>

Ron Cook
Salix, IA