[AT] Having battery problems--so how to fix?

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Tue Mar 28 12:53:26 PST 2006

On a related subject, when they first started messing with the gas, I had
trouble starting my loader in cold weather. It would start but  by the time
it did the battery was low and the starter was hot. After two weeks and
$110 later It wasn' t one bit better. The usual, points, plugs, rebuild
carb, etc.  I then noticed the gas gauge on empty. As a last ditch effort I
went to the gas station and bought 10 gal. of car gas, problem solved. I
had been using farm gas bought in Sept. .  I understand the newer gas is
redone to match the weather. However, when I was growing up on the dairy
farm we started our Super C every day to haul manure and never had these
problems. Even today, if I need to start my Cub, which is rare in the
winter and which I have farm gas in, it will not start even if
pulled,unless I first use a torch to heat up the intake
manfold.
Greg Hass