[AT] Having battery problems--so how to fix?

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Mon Mar 27 16:24:56 PST 2006

On Monday 27 March 2006 07:27, charlie hill wrote:
> Ok let me do this right.
>
> ((C/5)*9)+32=F
>
> ((F-32)/9)*5=C

If you need correct numbers the above is correct.  If you just need a close
enough number so you know what is going on, the following is close enough for
most uses:

C/2 + 30 = F

(F-30) * 2 = C

Much easier - I suspect most of us can do my version in our heads (and we
might even be able to remember it).  It won't be right of course, so beware
when you present answers from my version.  Some people do not understand
margin of error, and thus cannot accept anything with such a thing, (In many
cases my version is in fact 100% correct because the margin of the error on
your thermometer is greater than the errors my version would add).   There
are also cases where tiny differences matter, so don't even think about my
version for science labs.