[AT] Having battery problems--so how to fix?

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sun Mar 26 13:49:58 PST 2006

The wind really does make a difference.  A few years ago I really needed to
start my D-14 bad on a cold winter day.  Cold here is +25 F and I think it
was warmer than that.  Probably even above freezing but the tractor was
sitting directly in the path of a N/E wind of about 15 mph blowing straight
off the water.  No matter what I tried, battery charger on the fully charged
battery or whatever, I couldn't get it to turn over fast enough to start.  I
finally put a 500 watt halogen light next to the block and hung a tarp over
the top.  After a few hours of that she spun right up and started with no
problem.

Charlie