[AT] Case SC--backward starters

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Mar 26 12:32:23 PST 2006

I've been reading some of these posts and would like to share a true story.

My dad used to work for an IH dealer. Someone brought in a Farmall that
wouldn't crank. Mechanic checked fuel, tried ether, changed points, checked
wiring, all the common sense stuff. For some reason the muffler and hood
were off. He had his resting over the exhaust while spinning the motor over
and noticed it was sucking through the exhaust pipe. The owner had put on a
starter from a parts house---wrong rotation. Never heard if the parts house
helped compensate for hauling the machine in to the dealership, but I doubt
it.

John Hall