[Farmall] Fast Hitch filler plates?

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Mar 25 09:46:20 PST 2006

I don't know if you saw my note to the list, but I discovered that a
previous owner had already modified the mower by replacing the small
prongs with the larger ones. The welds, while not up to factory quality,
are very good.

One thing about this mower that is interesting is that it was set up
with the optional PTO extension off the back of the drive pulley, so you
could pull a conditioner behind. The only problem is that someone
removed most of the drawbar assembly, so there is just a PTO shaft
sticking out with the lower curved section of the drawbar remaining
below it. I never intend to use the mower for hay (nor do I have a
conditioner), but it would be nice to have the drawbar unit for the sake
of "historical accuracy". It is also missing two of the three steel rods
on the grass rod assembly. I may be able to fabricate something out of
scrap steel or maybe just remove the whole thing, as I only intend to
use the mower to trim brush back along my road and keep weeds down
around a couple of ponds/ditches.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

"Man's capacity for justice makes democracy possible,
but man´s inclination to injustice makes democracy necessary."
Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971), US theologian.