[Farmall] Fast Hitch filler plates?

Larry L Hardesty hardestyll at unk.edu
Sat Mar 25 08:29:04 PST 2006

Mike,  Some one used to be making them...perhaps advertising in Red Power.
 Any way I purchased a set a few years ago.   Now, I probably would just
go to the local iron and steel supplier and get the material and drill the
holes myself for the pins.  Nothing very complicated.

Larry

Larry Hardesty
Kearney, Nebraska 68849-2240
308-865-8535
308-865-8722 fax
hardestyll at unk.edu

Mike Sloane <mikesloane at verizon.net>
Sent by: farmall-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
03/24/2006 09:34 AM
Please respond to
Farmall/IHC mailing list <farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com>

cc

Subject
[Farmall] Fast Hitch filler plates?

I was able to obtain a manual for my "new" IH 100 pitmanless sickle bar
mower, and it is very helpful. But I have a more general question for
the Farmall folks:

The manual specifies that when installing the mower on certain Fast
Hitch equipped tractors (those with the larger sockets, such as my 340
and 560), that the "coupling beam socket filler plates" must be in
place. I assume that these plates/shims take up the difference between
the smaller Super A/C/100/200 series prongs and those on the larger
implements. My question is: what shape and dimensions are these filler
plates? I can do some trial and error messing around with scrap steel,
but it would be helpful to go to the correct dimensions. Right now, I am
just guessing that they are just long narrow strips that sit under the
prongs, but if there is a tab to keep them from sliding in/out or
something like that, it would be good to know. And, of course, an image
would be even more helpful. Obviously, if anyone has a pair for sale,
that would be even better yet (and save me all the time, effort and
bloodshed of trying to make something (using my limited skills and tools).

Thanks,

Mike
--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
Juan Ramon Jimenez (1881-1958), Spanish writer

--=_alternative 005A8D598625713C_=

them...perhaps advertising in Red Power.  Any way I purchased a set
a few years ago.   Now, I probably would just go to the local iron
and steel supplier and get the material and drill the holes myself for
the pins.  Nothing very complicated.</font>
Kearney, Nebraska 68849-2240<br>
308-865-8535<br>
308-865-8722 fax<br>
hardestyll at unk.edu</font>
IH 100 pitmanless sickle bar <br>
mower, and it is very helpful. But I have a more general question for <br>
the Farmall folks:<br>
The manual specifies that when installing the mower on certain Fast <br>
Hitch equipped tractors (those with the larger sockets, such as my 340
and 560), that the "coupling beam socket filler plates" must
be in <br>
place. I assume that these plates/shims take up the difference between
the smaller Super A/C/100/200 series prongs and those on the larger <br>
implements. My question is: what shape and dimensions are these filler
plates? I can do some trial and error messing around with scrap steel,
but it would be helpful to go to the correct dimensions. Right now, I am
just guessing that they are just long narrow strips that sit under the
prongs, but if there is a tab to keep them from sliding in/out or <br>
something like that, it would be good to know. And, of course, an image
would be even more helpful. Obviously, if anyone has a pair for sale, <br>
that would be even better yet (and save me all the time, effort and <br>
bloodshed of trying to make something (using my limited skills and tools).<br>
Thanks,<br>
Mike<br>
-- <br>
Mike Sloane<br>
Allamuchy NJ<br>
<mikesloane at verizon.net><br>
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane><br>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane><br>
"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."<br>
Juan Ramon Jimenez (1881-1958), Spanish writer<br>
-- <br>
No virus found in this outgoing message.<br>
Checked by AVG Free Edition.<br>