[Farmall] Fast Hitch filler plates?

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Fri Mar 24 07:34:12 PST 2006

I was able to obtain a manual for my "new" IH 100 pitmanless sickle bar
mower, and it is very helpful. But I have a more general question for
the Farmall folks:

The manual specifies that when installing the mower on certain Fast
Hitch equipped tractors (those with the larger sockets, such as my 340
and 560), that the "coupling beam socket filler plates" must be in
place. I assume that these plates/shims take up the difference between
the smaller Super A/C/100/200 series prongs and those on the larger
implements. My question is: what shape and dimensions are these filler
plates? I can do some trial and error messing around with scrap steel,
but it would be helpful to go to the correct dimensions. Right now, I am
just guessing that they are just long narrow strips that sit under the
prongs, but if there is a tab to keep them from sliding in/out or
something like that, it would be good to know. And, of course, an image
would be even more helpful. Obviously, if anyone has a pair for sale,
that would be even better yet (and save me all the time, effort and
bloodshed of trying to make something (using my limited skills and tools).

Thanks,

Mike
--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
Juan Ramon Jimenez (1881-1958), Spanish writer