[AT] testing coils, hey walt.. check out napa

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Wed Mar 22 16:47:01 PST 2006

Walt, for years napa has been selling a coil.. IC14SB  for 15$...( and
IC14.. for the gold line 50$ ).  It's a true 12v coil.. no external
resistance needed, and no 'internal' resistor.  The primary winding is
simply the correct length and gauge to hit about 3 ohms...

I've had one for years on my NAA, and built a square coil to round coil
conversion to use that same kind of coil on my front mount distribuitor 2N.
Hit the YTmag ford N board.. the Napa IC14SB is the popular common coil for
converting to 12v without using a resistor.

Soundguy