[AT] lightning

Wayne Snelling wsnelling at southplainscollege.edu
Tue Mar 21 07:56:49 PST 2006

H.L. Yep! He is in over his head with school--custom farming, tending
goats, drenching cattle and occasionally working on the good ole
tractors--when he can get me down there to help. I was down there a
couple of weeks ago and got a JD 520 started back together but could not
finish the reconstruction.
Someone had "rebuilt" the main driveline but failed to correrctly
tighten it all together and ruined the main tranny shaft and bearings.
Took the shaft to the local machine shop with new locking cap and the
shop did a great job of rebuilding/resplining/rethreading the shaft.
Only problem was the heat did swell the shaft just a tiny bit and I
could not get the splines past the first gear until I did a little hand
filing on the spline. Did not take much and it all slide back together.

Pawnee is looking like a Yes for me, at least I am planning on it at
this time.

Wayne