[AT] drive by tractor show, 2

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Sun Mar 19 11:46:52 PST 2006

I like those small tractor'shows' better than the big ones.

I'm a member of a club in florida.. it has a couple shows a year in a rural
town north of me.. anbout a 2hr drive.  A small show.. perhaps 60 exhibitors
and vendors together..  Every day of the show ( 3 days ) they have 2 tractor
parades.. tractors fall in line, and then run around the show and out in the
parking lot of the fairground, driving up beside US 301.. the main drag in
town.  You can see the people in the cars waving as we pass by.  It's by far
the high point of the show for me.  We run the pristing trailer queens with
1000$ paint jobs, and refinished down to every nut and bolt right next to
the rusty smokers with bald checked tires and with more bailing wire and
braze and weld than there is original tractor... it's a testament to how
these machines were built...

Soundguy