[AT] TIG welding--a little OT

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sun Mar 19 09:33:08 PST 2006

A man in South Carolina once told me "my wife and have a deal.  I don't ask
her how many dresses she has and she doesn't ask me how many bird dogs I
have".   I guess that should go for tractors and welding machines!

What I want is one of those new 225 or 250 Amp engine welders with the 9-10
KW gen set built in.  All of the major manufacturers make one like that now.
I can't afford a diesel unit so I'd have to settle for one with an Onan or
Kohler engine.  Not exactly the thing for heavy industrial work but for
around the farm the shop and a small job site it sure would be handy.

Charlie