[Steam-engine] Valves seats

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 19 08:29:41 PST 2006

Would that be Cole's Power Models?

www.colespowermodels.com

In my opinion, ball valves are not the best for steam
due to erosion at the edges of the ball.  They, as
well as plug valves (the best, I think) are very good
at throttling.  Wide open throttle makes no
difference, but there is a large difference at minimum
throttle.  It takes very little steam to make the
engine run at a slow 'tick-over'.

Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan