[Steam-engine] Throttle valve

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Sun Mar 19 07:05:43 PST 2006

Thanks Andy and Jack;
  Seeing's as how we're not planning on working this engine too hard, I
would think a ball valve would be ok...as a throttle.  Inch and a quarter
into the gov.....inch and a half out of the boiler.

  I can't picture in my mind why a gate and globe would be that different
regarding pressure drop tho.  Maybe someone can explain it in layman terms.

  And I'm sure down the road, I'll be playing with globe valves so will stay
in touch.

  Ya'll take care,

Rick in snowy big sky