[AT] June 3 Drive-By Tractor Show in central Nebraska

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 19 08:03:54 PST 2006

Rog,
Sure can relate.  A small town nearby where one of my
best friends lives holds a Memorial Day parade each
year.  The town just MIGHT have 200 residents if you
count the chickens and dogs.
Well, a few years ago the parade consisted of a color
guard and 4 tractors.  Now, however the parade is much
larger than the town and one of the biggest in
southwest Michigan, even announced that way on
television!  It is also one of the most fun due to
being a 'run whatcha brung' type of affair!  No
pre-registration or forms or nothing, but an everybody
is welcome thing.  The parade line-up is 4-5 blocks
long and travels for 2!  This is in a town that the
only surviving business is a motorcycle club.  It's
great!  Every house has a party and Larry's is no
exception.  Must be a couple thousand people in town,
no exageration.
Sometimes, it seems that the most impromptu events are
the most fun.
Just checked the map and I figure if I start now I
should be at your place around harvest season.  15 mph
not counting gas and (umm, other) stops will make for
a rather lengthy trip.  I'll head your way, you head
ours and we'll just about make it.  Man, in my warped
mind this almost makes sense!!

Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan

--- Roger Welsch <captneb at micrord.com> wrote:

I offhandedly asked some nearby friends
> if they'd like to bring
> their tractors in for the parade.  Well, you know
> how THAT goes!

-snip-