[AT] Tractor Show!!!

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 19 06:11:44 PST 2006

My two sons and I scurried down to Auburn yesterday.
Took in the Maumee Valley winter show, NATMUS
(National Automotive and Truck Museum of the United
States), and the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum.  Had a
great time, a real change of pace here in the doldrums
of winter.  Maumee Valley was featuring Massey and
related companies as well as hosting the Vintage
Garden Tractor Clup of America.  Saw the first
Simplicity walking tractor rotary mower attachment
I've seen in 30 years or so (been keeping my eyes
open, my Dad had one that he gave away literally just
before I realized I wanted it).  This one was about 20
or 21 inches and the one I remember was 18.  The
little things that stick out in your mind <g>.
All in all the three of us had the most wonderful
time.  If you ever get a chance to get to Auburn be
sure to take in the museums.  They are definitely
worth the time!  Natmus is for the real truck and car
enthusiast while the ACD museum is a treat for the
whole family.  The building itself is a piece of art.
In my opinion, it's the most tasteful example of
1930's art deco ever.  That along with 'bout a hundred
zillion dollars of the finest examples of automobiles
ever make it a real experience.
Didn't get over to the Kruse museum but my buddie did
last year (he spent two days in Auburn).  He says it's
another must see place.  By the time we left yesterday
my hips were sore and I was plain tuckered out.  My
sons though were just fine (they both slept the whole
way home <G>).  Ah, the more things change the more
they stay the same!
Just can't wait for 'real' spring weather to get here
so we can get out and play again.

Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan