[AT] TIG welding--a little OT

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Mar 18 03:41:24 PST 2006

The auto darkening helmet I have, Dick, lightens up to about the shade
of very light sunglasses - hardly darker than just regular glass. You
can easily see the work with a halogen work light, or even regular room
lights. I like to work outdoors where possible, but it works just fine
indoors. One time I was working with some shiny sheet metal outdoors,
and the reflection from the sun kept darkening the lens as I moved
around. So I had to re-arrange the work. It is that sensitive. For me,
an auto darkening helmet is like "night and day" as far as convenience.
(pun intended!) The more expensive helmets have larger windows, which
are nice, but for my needs (less than once a month), I find the HF auto
darkening, adjustable density, solar powered unit to be one of the best
values of almost any tool I have purchased.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
Juan Ramon Jimenez (1881-1958), Spanish writer