IH 100 mower (was Re: [Farmall] "new" mower needs ID

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Mar 18 03:10:29 PST 2006

I spend a little time looking over the mower yesterday, and I determined
that the hydraulic cylinder is a "farmer fabricated" modification.
Without the manual (which I hope to get soon), it appears that there was
an offset link between the base of the mower assembly and the mechanism
on the left side. This link has been replaced with the hydraulic
cylinder in a way that appears to be structurally adequate but not
pretty. The original chain you mentioned is still there and just looped
around to keep it out of the way. Since it was last used on a 340 (and
that is what I intend to mount it on), I will probably leave everything
as it is and not fool with the chain. Thanks for the input!

Mike