[AT] TIG welding--a little OT

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 17 18:34:13 PST 2006

Larry,

I like the hook on the rod, you guys are full of
clever ideas.

As to the hood, I have a Speedglas, so does my son.
He was a production welder and I spent time as a
specialty fabricator (same shop) so we have a bit of
experience.  Love the Speedglas, BUT, I have several
friends with newer, inexpensive hoods and these work
just as well.  Now all the ones I have tried are
1/25,000 of a second reaction time, wouldn't have
anything slower!  If they come up with a faster rate,
even better.  BTW, when we got our hoods Speedglas was
the only game in town, so we really didn't have a
choice.  I absolutely HATE the old hoods now.  Auto
hoods forever.

Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan

 One