[Steam-engine] Throttle valve

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 17 13:49:39 PST 2006

I am at work so I can't look at the ebay item.  I
assume from the replies that you are looking at using
a ball valve as a throttle.  Ken Majeski has done this
on the Case traction engine that he built up from
parts.  Ken said that he used a steam rated ball valve
and is very happy with it.  If you are concerned about
the valve being to small simply use the next larger
size valve with reducers on both sides.

BTW I will probably be looking for a way to
recondition old globe valves in the near future as
well.  Let us know how you come out on that project.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lunkenheimer-1-1-4-fig-710-ST-SS-Ball-Valve_W0QQitemZ7595757043

> TIA
> RickinMt.

Andy Glines