[AT] TIG welding--FOLLOWUP

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Fri Mar 17 09:38:28 PST 2006

On Friday 17 March 2006 11:16, John Wilkens wrote:
> Thanks all you guys for the TIG information!  I've already got a pretty
> good picture about the "sport."  Sounds to me like it is something I could
> learn and really enjoy...fixin on all my old tractors...and other
> stuff.    I guess once in awhile it's OK to buy an expensive tool when it
> gives you the satisfaction of quality and performance.  I will be looking
> for a welder that is at least slightly affordable and good
> quality--probably like a Lincoln.  Since I've got this bee in my bonnet
> I'll probably be getting my sunburn before long!    John

While looking at welders, don't forget that you can buy replacement
alternators for your car/truck/tractor that can be switched to become a tig
welder.   A real welder is likely to better, but the automatic portability
combined with the few times most people need a welder may make this an ideal
solution.

Something to consider.   It isn't right for everyone, but if you are thinking
about repairing something in the field (literally) it is perfect.

I just use my oxy/acetylene kit, but I have felt the limits of it.   (be then
again my abilities don't amount to much)