[AT] TIG welding--a little OT

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Fri Mar 17 06:42:57 PST 2006

Bob,

My guess is that it is a combination of the high frequency and the intensity
of the flame.  Seems to me that the TIG flame is hotter and brighter than
arc welding.  Have you ever TIG'd aluminum?  A friend of mine does a lot of
that.  The walls in his shop are unpainted pre-cast concrete .  You can
stand in his shop while he's TIGing aluminum with your back to him and the
reflection off the walls is enough to make you feel like your eyes are
getting burned.

Charlie