[AT] TIG welding--a little OT

DieselBob at aol.com DieselBob at aol.com
Fri Mar 17 05:39:14 PST 2006

Just a comment or question on the emphasis some have made about protective
clothing with TIG.  I've stick welded for decades and have made the mistake  of
not being covered up and got the "sun burn" discussed.  When I got my  used
TIG welder 2 years ago, I got a couple of burns that were unanticipated  which
led me to believe the radiation from TIG was much stronger.  Is this  true, if
so why?  The frequency?  Less protection from the gas  shielding of the weld?

Bob

-------------------------------1142602754

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1528" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>Just a comment or question on the emphasis some have made about protect=
ive=20
clothing with TIG.  I've stick welded for decades and have made the mis=
take=20
of not being covered up and got the "sun burn" discussed.  When I got m=
y=20
used TIG welder 2 years ago, I got a couple of burns that were unanticipated=
=20
which led me to believe the radiation from TIG was much stronger.  Is t=
his=20
true, if so why?  The frequency?  Less protection from the gas=20
shielding of the weld?</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Bob </DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>