[AT] Tractor named Friday?

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 17:06:40 PST 2006

Joe and Herb, oops my bad!  You're right, Benton
Harbor, not Hartford.  Got confused with the Friday
market by Hartford.  Benton Harbor is another 15 miles
beyond Hartford from here.  Don't remember where the
Loves were made but I don't think it was here.
BTW, Joe, give me a shout when you get some time and
are in the area.  I would like to meet and meet up
with you.

Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan
Exit 60 on I-94 and right in town

----------MailBlocks_8C8166513CC17F5_C84_893E_FWM-R19.sysops.aol.com

> <HTML><BODY><DIV style='font-family: "Verdana";
> font-size: 10pt;'><DIV>
> <DIV>Friday Tractors were built in Benton Harbor,
> Michigan, mainly to serve the fruit
> producers.  I don't know when they first
> started production, but they were made for several
> years.  1952 must have been right at
> the end of their existance.  Neat
> tractors, they go really fast (40 mph) and I still
> regret my missed chance to buy one cheap before I
> knew what tractors were.  I'll find another one
> some day as I spend quite a bit of time in SW
> Michigan poking around in old barns and fields
> before they're converted to houses :-(.</DIV>
> <DIV> </DIV>
> <DIV>Joe</DIV> <BR>-----Original
> Message-----<BR>From: Herbert Metz
> <metz-h.b at mindspring.com><BR>To:
> AT at lists.antique-tractor.com<BR>Sent: Wed, 15 Mar
> 2006 10:01:15 -0500<BR>Subject: [AT] Tractor named
> Friday?<BR><BR>
> <STYLE>
> ...AOLPlainTextBody {
>     margin: 0px;
>     font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif;
>     font-size: 12px;
>     color: #000;
>     background-color: #fff;
> }
>
> ...AOLPlainTextBody pre {
>     font-size: 9pt;
> }
>
> ...AOLInlineAttachment {
>     margin: 10px;
> }
>
> ...AOLAttachmentHeader {
>     border-bottom: 2px solid #E9EAEB;
>     background: #F9F9F9;
> }
>
> ...AOLAttachmentHeader .Title {
>     font: 11px Tahoma;
>     font-weight: bold;
>     color: #666666;
>     background: #E9EAEB;
>     padding: 3px 0px 1px 10px;
> }
>
> ...AOLAttachmentHeader .FieldLabel {
>     font: 11px Tahoma;
>     font-weight: bold;
>     color: #666666;
>     padding: 1px 10px 1px 9px;
> }
>
> ...AOLAttachmentHeader .FieldValue {
>     font: 11px Tahoma;
>     color: #333333;
> }
>
> </STYLE>
>
> <DIV class=AOLPlainTextBody

id=AOLMsgPart_0_7b172dd4-deb5-45b6-94bd-a573984e0b65><PRE><TT>The