[Steam-engine] Lunk Jr.

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Tue Mar 14 05:50:41 PST 2006

Hi Andy and thanks for the reply!

Here's our Lunk Jr.  You can see where the replacement glass tube will go:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/188300547/1475450142039077051MWyQdB

  This is a round tube like a water gauge.

  OEM was .710 OD.  .750 will fit but there's no room/gap for the "V"
packing to fit or compress into.  Now I'm thinking of using 5/8 OD, (not the
9/16's that I'd previously mentioned.)  5/8's will give me ~ 1/16th inch gap
for the packing.

   Recently I read that no wrenches should be used on the packing nut and
that the glass should not contact the metal, the packing acts as a cushion
also.  This makes sense to me regarding the circumference, not so sure they
mean the ends of the glass, but will try to avoid that also.

Best Regards,
RickinMt.