[AT] Waaay OT_Cell Phine Idiots

Bill Thompson spudthompson at agiftofmaine.com
Mon Mar 13 09:04:04 PST 2006

Mike Sloane wrote:
>>I absolutely agree, Larry. Bad cell phone manners are one of my pet
>>peeves, and if they ever come out with a "ray gun" that instantly disables
>>a cell phone (permanently!) from a distance, I will be the first one in
>>line to buy one. :-)

I have to agree with you guys.  There are some real idiots out there with
cell phones.  I feel they should require IQ and etiquette tests before a
person can buy one. A couple weeks ago I pulled up at the gas station to
fuel up and there was this woman there pumping gas, with her vehicle running
and talking on her cell phone.  I pointed out the signs to her that state
you should shut off your engine and not use your cell phone and all she did
was ignore me.  I told her again and she continued to ignore me.  Evidently
the person she talking to on the phone asked her what was going on and she
said, "Some grumpy old jerk is giving me shit about talking on my phone
while I'm pumping gas."  She was definitely on a suicide mission, but I
wasn't really interested in going with her if she blew the place up.  I
think that the gas stations should actively enforce those rules.  I
complained to the station attendant and she said, " Oh, I would have spoken
to her if I realized she was doing that."  Not to bright either...all the
attendant had to do was look out the window and she could have seen the
exhaust vapor.  It was February in Northern Maine!!!!  My wife absolutely
hates cell phones and refuses to own one.  I've been tempted but we opted
for a CB radio for emergencies when we travel.

Greetings from Northern Maine,
Bill "Spud" Thompson
Katahdin Valley Farm
Sherman Mills, Maine