[AT] Allis question

Gilbert Schwartz gschwartz1 at mchsi.com
Mon Mar 13 09:16:36 PST 2006

Brad; Sounds like you may have a lost or broken surge spring. There is
supposed to be one that hooks to the rod that runs from the governor to the
carb. The spring hooks to that rod and also to the block drain. It keeps the
governor from reacting too quickly. Some times one of the hooks will  rust
and break off. You'll usually find the broken spring swinging loosely on the
rod OR laying on the floor under the tractor, depending on which hook broke
off. (usually the drain end rusts off first) If that fix don't get it, I'm
guessing the problem is inside the governor. I'd check the weights in there
next. It's not a big deal. Gil