[AT] 8-volt batteries in 6-volt tractors

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Fri Mar 10 17:09:38 PST 2006

A heater is still an option on some fire equipment. Guess they figure
that it's gonna be warm at the scene... They just forget that getting
there and back can get interesting without a way to get the ice off the
glass.

We have a LOT of new Amish families moving into this area (300 families
are supposed to be heading this way in the next couple months) With them
it makes a BIG difference which group they are with. Some of them have
real nice black buggies with doors, glass and lights and heat from a
Coleman type heater. Others have just an open buckboard type rig and you
see them heading to church with what looks like a big pile of blankets
in the back, Then you realize that there are 3-4 folks wrapped up tight
in those... In some ways I like the way they do things BUT doubt I could
give up all the comforts I have to live that way.

Well back to studying, have my state EMT recert. in the morning and have
to remember the "states" way of doing things instead of the real world
methods...

Steve Williams