[AT] 8-volt batteries in 6-volt tractors

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Fri Mar 10 07:14:26 PST 2006

On Thursday 09 March 2006 17:28, Greg Hass wrote:
> tractors.  An example is the Super-C we had when I was growing up.  We
> tried everything, including having a third bearing installed in the center
> of the starter.  It must have started when it was new, but I was too young
> to remember.  The last 5 years we owned it we crank-started it.  Some might
> say, had we fixed the proper things it might have started like it started

My dad remembers going to his godparents often as a kid (They had no
children), and one of his jobs was to sit on the farmall C and push the
starter button while his godfather turned it over by hand.    Didn''t have to
crank it was hard, that way.

Dad told me this at the action where the C was sold, still on 6 volts.  They
(The auctioneers)  did get it to start with just the starter, but it cranked
for a long time.    (I was in college then or I might have bought it - looked
brand new and I think that was still the original paint)   I think the new
owner will take care of it though.